Monday, September 24, 2012

Green Beans and Pork Roast



 Happy Monday!


This morning seemed like a good time to pull up the last of my green beans.  I always plant bush beans and usually plant a few patches at varying times during the summer  as I pull up the early spring plantings.  There were still a few beans on the vines this morning , and I had a few in the fridge, so I decided to stick them in the slowcooker with a couple of small pork roasts.

I don't usually use recipes, just throw what I have into the pot.
So this is what we have today in the slow cooker:
2 small pork roasts
several new potatoes, skins on
1 medium onion cut into quarters
4 cloves of garlic, whole
1can diced tomatoes and l can water
green beans from the garden
2 tablespoons flour to thicken liquids
Penseys Spices 33rd and Galena pork and chicken rub sprinkled over the top.  I did not measure, just sprinkled until it looked right.

 The Packer football game is on TV tonight so this will be our game night feast!  I hope it tastes OK,
if not delicious.  How can you go wrong with onions and garlic ?



Tomorrow I will plant more bok choy where I pulled out the beans!

 New Zealand Picture Below!


Not my garden!  This is one of the gardens at Hobbiton in New Zealand.  I took this picture last fall when we were on a Lord of the Rings fan tour.   Aren't the Nasturtiums beautiful?  I still have only the leaves in my patch, no flowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment